|Law Enforcement||Corrections||Pretrial & Probation||Inspectors General|
- An agency must apply to the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation to participate in the accreditation process.
- The agency will be required to demonstrate compliance with all applicable mandatory standards and not less than 80% of applicable non-mandatory standards.
- Proof of compliance with the standards is determined by an assessment team sent by the Commission, conducting a formal review of the agency's policies, procedures and practices.
- Assistance is available from the Commission in the form of sample policies, consultation with accredited agencies, and informal peer evaluation.
- Agencies remain accredited for a period of three years. After the three year period, they must be reaccredited.
FULL COMPLIANCEAn agency not currently accredited as an Advanced Law Enforcement agency by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) will be considered a full compliance agency. The agency will be required to demonstrate compliance with all applicable mandatory standards and not less than 80% of applicable other-than-mandatory standards.
COMPARATIVE COMPLIANCEFlorida agencies currently accredited as an Advanced Law Enforcement agency by CALEA will not be required to build a separate set of files for any standards already approved by CALEA assessors. Florida accreditation assessors will check only those CALEA files that are necessary during the assessment
APPLYING TO THE COMMISSION
Agencies must apply to the Commission in order to participate in the state accreditation process. Follow this link to our automated application process.
THE COST OF ACCREDITATION AND REACCREDITATION
The following fee structure has been established for both accreditation and reaccreditation.
|Number of Sworn Positions||Full Compliance Fee||Comparative Compliance Fee|
|9 or less||Donation||Donation|
|10 - 24||$450.00||$300.00|
|25 - 99||$900.00||$600.00|
|100 - 299||$1,800.00||$1,200.00|
|300 - 499||$3,000.00||$1,800.00|
The fee is based on the number of authorized full-time sworn law enforcement personnel who are acting in a law enforcement capacity. The fee is not based on non-sworn, corrections-sworn, or law enforcement certified personnel serving in a corrections position.